Wednesday 9 October 2013

Manhattan Fish Market at Changi City Point Singapore

We had dinner yesterday at The Manhattan Fish Market, over at Changi City Point. The queue seemed never-ending and we wouldn’t have gotten in if not for our advanced reservation. Even whilst dining, we could see that the queue was growing outside with new people joining incessantly. Such was the draw of The Manhattan Fish Market!

I have been very curious about this place for some time. But as mentioned before, I have never dined there until now due to the fact that the queue is always so long! It was really great that I finally got the chance yesterday.

The origins of the restaurant seem quite peculiar to me. Over 180 years ago, the actual Manhattan Fish Market opened under the Brooklyn Bridge over at Manhattan. So eventually, restaurants were started, which I thought would be all over the United States. But surprise, surprise, the restaurants can be found only in Malaysia and Singapore. From the brisk business, I predict the Plaza Singapura outlet won’t be alone here for long. (Update in 2010: 8 outlets in Singapore and growing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment