Sunday 6 October 2013

Serangoon Garden Chomp Chomp Singapore

It was such an overwhelming experience to step inside Chomp Chomp market at Serangoon Gardens. There were stalls on the left, and on the right. Rows and rows of them stretching right to the end. I know all the hawker centres in Singapore look the same, but somehow there is this sense of hope in Chomp Chomp — it feels like everything will taste good no matter which stall we order from.

I felt as though I was a kid in Disneyland as I walked around to check out the different food stalls in Chomp Chomp. There was so much food! And everything seemed to look so good! I was tempted to order something from every stall, but it was impossible since there was only two of us.

Whenever I asked for recommendations for the best BBQ stingray in Singapore, people will always point me to the ones in Chomp Chomp. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember the name of the stall when I was there.

In the end, I randomly ordered from some stalls since I have never been to Chomp Chomp Food Market before. “OH MAN! I miss BBQ Stingray!” I almost shouted that out when it was brought to our table. Even though I sweated profusely after eating the BBQ Stingray ($8), I just couldn’t stop having more of it.

The oyster omelette from Ang Sa Lee Fried Oyster was delicious. I actually prefer fried carrot cake to oyster omelette since I only like the egg and not the oyster. But still, you can never say no to oyster omelette, and the slightly spicy-sourish chili sauce made it even better

I’m not sure if Chomp Chomp is the only hawker centre that has the big glasses of sugarcane juices, but I absolutely love it! Sugarcane is the perfect choice of drink to go along with our local Singapore hawker food.

A dollar for a chicken wing? Just give me all the wings on the rack


No comments:

Post a Comment