Monday 3 February 2014

Gyu Kaku Japanese BBQ at Chijmes

I was leaving Chijmes with a friend after a meeting when we walked by this restaurant. Feeling like Japanese BBQ, we decided to have dinner here.

It was an authentic Teppanyaki, albeit pricy, meal. The meats were juicy and so, so fresh. If you're here, try the aburi bacon. Don't leave the veggies sidelined; the assorted mushrooms with butter were my favourite accompaniment to the meaty selection. Not much of a chef? Don't worry, they recommend combinations of seasoning for your food. Everything I had went well with Asahi.

Service was great, as is usually expected from Japanese culture. The ambience was nice too. We ended up staying there for almost three hours, just the two of us. I'm definitely coming back here, perhaps this time with my foodie family.






No comments:

Post a Comment